Things to Do in Snohomish County During Fall
Autumn is one of the most beautiful seasons in Snohomish County! The leaves change colors and the weather changes. There are so many things to do during fall in Snohomish County! Some activities include pumpkin patches, corn mazes, haunted houses, beautiful autumn drives with leaves everywhere, hockey games, and so much more! The Diemert Properties Group put together a list of what we think are the BEST things to do in Snohomish County during the autumn season. Feel free to give us your thoughts and ideas!
Did you know that we have a Spanish-speaking real estate broker on duty at all times? Call 425-308-6641 today!
Go to a local pumpkin patch.
Many pumpkin patches have corn mazes, haunted houses, food, kid’s activities, hayrides, and more! This is a must for the autumn season! Just make sure to go prepared for some mud and rain! Rain boots and rain jackets are a must. After a fun day at the pumpkin patch, it is always fun to go home and decorate or carve your pumpkins. You will want to take out all the pumpkin goo so that you have a hollow pumpkin to carve. Below are some of the best pumpkin patches in Snohomish County, WA.
- The Farm at Swans Trail in Snohomish, WA –
The Farm in Snohomish has been the Diemert Properties choice for years! They have a huge 50-acre pumpkin patch. There is so much to do there. They have a wide variety of food to eat, tons of activities for all ages, pig races, a petting farm, a kids’ playground, wagon rides, a huge slide, and more. They are known for their Washington State Corn Maze. – Learn More about the Farm Here! Located at 7301 Rivershore Rd, Snohomish, WA 98290.
- Stalker Farms in Snohomish, WA – Stalker Farms in Snohomish is right off Highway 9. One thing that they are known for is their Zombie Paintball Stalker ride where you go around on a hayride at night shooting zombies with paintball guns. They also have a corn maze and two haunted houses. Located at 8705 Marsh Rd, Snohomish, Washington 98296.
- Foster’s Pumpkin Patch in Arlington, WA – They closed permanently 🙁
- Carlton Farm in Lake Stevens, WA – We love Carlton Farms! They are on a 60-acre farm and have been around for more than 40 years. This is a great pumpkin patch for kids and adults. They have kids’ activities – a play area, bucket train, hayrides, and a petting zoo. For adults, they have a big pumpkin cannon, fire pits for Friday and Saturday nights, Haunted Swamp, a Zombie farm, and a dark corn maze. They always have a huge amount of pumpkins to choose from! This year they added a huge pumpkin jump pad that allows both kids and adults! Every year they seem to add more fun attractions. Located at 830 Sunnyside Blvd SE Lake Stevens, WA 98258.
- Bob’s Corn in Snohomish, WA – Bob’s Corn Maze is a local farm that not only provides pumpkins and fun activities but also gives back to people in the community. He took the new owner of Express Java Coffee Stand and donated pumpkins, hay, and corn stalk to decorate her stand! At Bob’s Corn, there is a 30-acre pumpkin patch, a corn maze through 10 acres, fire pits, picnic areas, and a store with great food grown on his farm. Their hours are 10:00 AM until dark. Located at 10917 Elliott Rd Snohomish, WA 98296.
Fun Fact: October is National Apple Month.
Find a Local Haunted House.
Haunted Houses are always a great fun time if you are brave! These are the main haunted houses around Snohomish County. There might also be smaller versions of Haunted Houses at the above pumpkin patches. Let us know what haunted house is your favorite!
- Nightmare on 9 – The Snohomish Slaughter and Rendering Plant was built in 1935 by the Thomas brothers. In 1975, one of the brothers was tragically hurt and passed away in the slaughterhouse. They never found his body. Are you brave enough to enter this haunted house?? Sponsored by the Seattle Premiere Escape Experience. Located at Thomas Family Farm 9010 Marsh Rd Snohomish WA 98296.
- Nile Nightmares Haunted House – The Nile Golf Course in Mountlake Terrace puts on a thrilling haunted house with SIX attractions. You can visit the Curse of the Nile, Ballinger Asylum, Infernum, Doll House, Night Terrors, and The Mutation. Located at 6601 244th St. SW Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043.
- Georgetown Morgue – This haunted house is NOT in Snohomish County, however, it is too good to pass up if you are into Haunted Houses! The Georgetown Morgue of Seattle is a facility for tragic stories of death. It is told that this building hides one of the most horrifying unsolved crimes in the history of Seattle, WA! 9 of the Georgetown Morge’s staff were said to have been forced into the crematorium chamber. Located at 5000 E Marginal Way S Seattle, WA 98134.
- Haunted Swamp – In Lake Stevens at Carleton Farm there is a haunted swamp. There are different doors you can enter the haunted swamp through… which one will you choose? Each one has a different scare! Located at 630 Sunnyside Blvd SE Lake Stevens, WA 98258.
- Stalker Farms Haunted Attractions – They have quite a few haunted attractions! Slasher Family Homestead, Pogo’s Funny Farm, the Scarecrow’s Challenge, and Clown Shot Paintball.
Fun Fact: October 16th is National Boss’s Day!
Go to a Bazaar or Festival
- Everett Sausage Festival – At Immaculate Conception Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church there is the annual Everett Sausage Festival that happens usually the first weekend of October. This is a fun family-oriented festival. There will be a Bavarian beer garden, Bavarian Dinner Haus, carnival rides, arts and crafts, food booths, bingo, and kids’ games. There will be a shuttle bus helping people get to and from the festival.
Explore a Local Farmers Market.
Many farmer’s markets in Snohomish County go into September and October. There are so many great fruits and vegetables that you may not be able to find in the spring and summer. For a full list of Snohomish County, Autumn Farmers Markets click here.
Go to a local Hockey Game.
One of our favorite things to do in autumn is to go to the Junior League Everett Silvertips hockey games. They have many home games at the Angel of the Winds Arena. The games are always high-energy and entertaining! They sell cowbells you can ring when they score. During breaks, they are always having people come to the ice rink for games and prizes. Click Here to see the Everett Silvertips schedule for the current season.
Go Trick or Treating at a Safe Place this Halloween!
Trick or Treating is a yearly tradition for most families, however, it is nerve-racking to let your kids go out at night to people’s houses asking for candy. We put together a list of safe places in Snohomish county to go trick or treating.
- Marysville, WA – Bring your kids to Downtown Marysville on Halloween to enjoy some safe trick or treating. Costumes are optional. Make sure to bring a bag or container to hold your treats. Event Details Here!
- Snohomish, WA – The Historic Downtown Snohomish is providing a safe spot to have your kids trick or treat. See the event details here!
Have dirt bikes, quads, or 4×4′s? Go Riding!
Autumn is the most fun time to go riding in our opinion! There is mud to play in, no dust kicking up and beautiful scenery all around the Pacific Northwest. 4-Wheeling is a very popular hobby in the North West. Walker Valley Off Road ORV in Mount Vernon is a great place for quads, dirt bikes, and 4×4′s. There are trails for every skill level. From small trails to rock climbing. Walker Valley has 78 miles of trails.
Another great place is Reiter Foothills Park also known as Reiter Pit in Gold Bar, WA. They are only open on the weekends, weekdays are used for the maintenance and construction of new trails. Reiter Pit has trails for quads, dirt bikes, and 4×4′s.
Explore the Mountains
In Snohomish County, we are blessed to be surrounded by beautiful Mountains. In just a short drive with the right vehicle, you can be exploring all the beautiful mountains right in your backyard. Some great places to go would be on Mountain Loop Highway in Granite Falls WA, home of Mt. Pilchuck and Green Mountain. Both of these are easy gravel roads you can drive up to see the beautiful views from the Mountain Tops. Just make sure to have a full tank of gas!
Autumn is a great time to explore hiking trails because it’s not too hot and not too cold. If you are looking for a day hike Lake Twenty-Two, Mount Pilchuck, and Big Four Ice Caves, all on Mountain Loop Highway would be great hikes to try out. Wallace Falls in Gold Bar, WA is also a great hike for everyone. When exploring outdoors in the fall season you always want to be prepared for rain so wear the right clothes, layers are always good.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: The Best Places to Ski in Washington State
Swimming in Autumn?! There are many awesome indoor pools around Snohomish County! Swimming is great exercise and a fun way to have kids let some energy out.
- Snohomish Aquatic Center – This is such a fun place to go swimming! Great for kids, teens, and adults. There is a recreation pool, competition pool, surfing pool, lazy river, and kids area. Located at 516 Maple Avenue, Snohomish, WA 98290.
- Forest Park Pool – This is a great place to swim indoors. This is located at Forest Park in Everett, WA. They have a diving tank, kid pool, 25-yard lap pool, hot tub, and sauna. If you have a big group going on the weekend ask them about a floating obstacle party. Located at 802 E. Mukilteo Boulevard Everett, WA 98203.
- Lynnwood Recreation Center & Pool – This is a great place to go on a rainy day! They offer a lap pool, warm water therapy pool, recreation pool, lazy river, water slides, water playground, and family hot tub! Located at 18900 44th Ave W Lynnwood.
- Marysville Pilchuck Pool – The High School Marysville Pilchuck offers 3 pools – a kid pool, a medium pool, and a deep pool. There are open swim hours.
Ride a Train in Skykomish
The Northern & Cascade Railway is open for rides May through November 1st every weekend! They are also open on Holidays. This is something that the GN&C railway does for free for our community. They not only provide rides but also gives railway education. There are over 2,700 feet of track that you can ride on. There are 10 riding cars and one locomotive car. You can ride on the train as many times as you want and it is for all ages. Located at 101 N 5th Street Skykomish, WA 98288.
The Diemert Properties Group wishes you a fun and safe Halloween! Hopefully, you have some fun new ideas for keeping busy this autumn season. We hope you think of us the next time you need to buy, sell or invest in real estate. 425-308-6641